9860 – Unlocking Instructions
These how to – unlocking instructions are to be used on the 9860 Torch Blackberry once you have received your unlock code from UnlockWorldwide.com.
Before entering an unlock code, please make sure the 15 digit IMEI number you gave us is correct. Unlocking Codes are unique to each Blackberry. Follow the instructions on this link to properly read the IMEI on your handset.
Should you get a “Code Error” message when entering the unlock code, STOP and contact us immediately. By default Blackberry only allows 10 attempts to enter a correct unlock code. If you have less than 3 attempts left, do NOT enter a code without first providing us with your handsets MEP number. Providing the MEP number guarantees a 100% correct unlock code.
How to enter an Unlock Code on the Blackberry Torch 9860
1. Insert a SIM card into your smartphone to complete these steps (it can be an active or inactive SIM card). UnlockWorldwide.com suggests you have a fully charged battery. Make sure the phone is not displaying the low battery warning.
2. Turn your BlackBerry handset on. This will prompt you (enter network mep code) to enter the Unlock Code supplied by UnlockWorldwide.com.
3. Once you enter the unlock code, your Blackberry will be unlocked.
1. You must have a SIM card in your phone to complete these steps (it be an active or inactive SIM card). UnlockWorldwide.com prefers that you have a fully charged battery. Make sure the phone is not displaying a low battery warning.
2. Turn the 9860 BlackBerry handset on.
3. From the main menu screen, go to OPTIONS/ DEVICE/ADVANCED SETTINGS/SIM CARD
4. On the touchscreen keyboard, type the letters “MEPD” (do not use the quotes / please note that you will not see what you type on the screen)
5. The Personalisation menu screen will appear. Type “mep2? or “mep [alt] 2? (again do not type quotes and you will not see what you type on the screen).
6. You will now be prompted to enter the UNLOCK CODE provided by UnlockWorldwide.com into your Torch 9860 Blackberry.
8. Your Blackberry 9860 Torch is now unlocked.
9. It is always a good idea to do a full reset on your Torch 9860 . You can do this by pulling the battery out for a few seconds and then inserting it in again and switching on your phone.
About Unlock Worldwide:
UnlockWorldwide.com provides apps, solutions and unlock codes for Blackberry, Samsung, Motorola, HTC, LG, Apple and many other brands of mobile phones and smartphones.
Unlock Worldwide also includes easy to follow and free how to unlock a BlackBerry instructions. Once unlocked your BlackBerry or other mobile device will work on any GSM network service provider around the world. For example: Bell, Digitel, Verizon, Vodafone, Telus, AT&T, T-Mobile, Sasktel, Orange, O2, Rogers, Three, Verizon, Claro, Digicel, Bell, Wind, and LIME etc.