9800 – How to Unlock Blackberry Torch
9800 – Unlocking Instructions
These unlocking instructions are to be used once you have received your unlock code from UnlockWorldwide.com.
Before entering an unlock code, please make sure the 15 digit IMEI number you gave us is correct. Unlocking Codes are unique to each Blackberry. Follow the instructions on this link to properly read the IMEI on your handset.
Should you get a “Code Error” message when entering the unlock code, STOP and contact us immediately. By default Blackberry only allows 10 attempts to enter a correct unlock code. If you have less than 3 attempts left, do NOT enter a code without first providing us with your handsets MEP number. Providing an MEP number guarantees a 100% correct unlock code. How to read the MEP.
How to enter an Unlock Code on the Blackberry Torch 9800
1. You must have a SIM card in your phone to complete these steps (it can be an active or inactive SIM card). UnlockWorldwide.com suggests you have a fully charged battery. Make sure the phone is not displaying the low battery warning.
2. Turn your BlackBerry handset on. This will prompt you to enter the Unlock Code supplied by UnlockWorldwide.com.
3. Once you enter the unlock code, your Blackberry will be unlocked.
1. You must have a SIM card in your phone to complete these steps (it be an active or inactive SIM card). UnlockWorldwide.com prefers that you have a fully charged battery. Make sure the phone is not displaying a low battery warning.
2. Turn the BlackBerry handset on.
3. From the front screen, go to OPTIONS/ DEVICE/ADVANCED SETTINGS/SIM CARD
4. Slide the keyboard out on your Blackberry 9800 Torch.
5. On the keyboard, type the letters “MEPD” (do not use the quotes / what you type will NOT appear on the screen)
6. A Personalization Screen will appear. Type “mep2” or “mep [alt] 2” (again do not type quotes and you will not see what you type on the screen.
7. You will now be prompted to enter the UNLOCK CODE provided by UnlockWorldwide.com into your Torch 9800 Blackberry.
8. Your Blackberry 9800 Torch is now unlocked.
9. It is always a good idea to do a full reset on your Torch 9800 . You can do this by pulling the battery out for a few seconds and then inserting it in again and switching on your phone.