9780 – How to Unlock Blackberry Bold
9780 – Unlocking Instructions
These unlocking instructions are to be used once you have received your unlock code from UnlockWorldwide.com.
Before entering an unlock code, please make sure the 15 digit IMEI number you gave us is correct. Unlocking Codes are unique to each Blackberry. Follow the instructions on this link to properly read the IMEI on your handset.
Should you get a “Code Error” message when entering the unlock code, STOP and contact us immediately. By default Blackberry only allows 10 attempts to enter a correct unlock code. If you have less than 3 attempts left, do NOT enter a code without first providing us with your handsets MEP number. Providing an MEP number guarantees a 100% correct unlock code.How to read the MEP.
How to enter an Unlock Code on the Blackberry Bold 9780
1. You must have a SIM card in your phone to complete these steps (it can be an active or inactive SIM card). UnlockWorldwide.com suggest you have a fully charged battery. Ensure the phone is not displaying the low battery warning!
2. Turn on the BlackBerry handset. This should prompt you to enter the Unlock Code supplied by UnlockWorldwide.com.
3. Go to OPTIONS / DEVICE / ADVANCED SETTINGS / SIM CARD on your handset’s screen
4. Use the keyboard on your Bold 9780 to type the letters “MEPD” (do not use quotation marks or you will not be able to see what you type on the screen).
6. A Personalization Screen will appear. Type “mep2” or “mep [alt] 2” (do not use quotes or you will not see what you type on the screen).
7. You will now be prompted to enter the UNLOCK CODE provided by UnlockWorldwide.com into your Bold 9780 Blackberry.
8. Your Blackberry Bold 9780 is now unlocked.
9. It is always good practice to do a full reset on your Bold 9780 by extracting the battery for a few seconds and then reinserting it before switching on your phone.
About Unlock Worldwide:
UnlockWorldwide.com provides applications, solutions and unlock code for Blackberry, Samsung, Motorola, HTC, LG, Apple and many other brands of cellular phones and smartphones.
Unlock Worldwide supplies easy and free how to unlock a BlackBerry instructions. Once unlocked a BlackBerry or other mobile phone will work on any GSM network service provider around the world. For example: Movistar, LIME, Vodafone, AT&T, T-Mobile, Orange, O2, Rogers, Three, Verizon, Telus, Bell, Claro, Digicel, and Bouygues etc.